|Full Name:||Basil Butcher|
|Date of birth:||03 / 09 / 1933|
- Test debut v India at Mumbai (BS) - November 1958
- Right-hand batsman and legbreak bowler.
- Wisden Cricketer of the Year 1970.
- Scored 486 runs at 69.42 during his first Test series against India in 1958-59.
- Solid display in the middle batting order for the West Indies.
- All his Test wickets came in one innings - 5 for 34 against England in 1967-68.
- Made 383 runs in eight innings during the tour of England in 1963.
- Continued to play and save the team despite learning of his wife's miscarriage during the interval.
|5 Wicket Innings:||1|
|10 Wicket Innings:||0|
|Best bowling in Innings:||5/34|
@3rd_man...:IPL is terribly boring at the moment - no real appeal like previous years. Same old same old . . . - perhaps you have just matured a bit? It was only ever for the uneducated anyway. WOW SIXHave Your Say