Australia’s players remain committed and want to resolve the current pay dispute with the board (CA), according to a spokesman from the Australia Cricketers Association (ACA).
More than 200 players are currently unemployed as they did not sign new contracts after deals expired at the end of last month.
The players insist they want an extension to the previous Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) while CA wants to reduce revenue sharing for domestic and female players.
ACA chief executive Alistair Nicholson met with national team players, including captain Steve Smith and vice-captain David Warner, in Sydney on Monday and came out saying that international, domestic and female players will stick together.
An ACA spokesman said: “The players are committed to the peace plan on the table.
“They are really supportive of the investment in grassroots cricket. They will continue to stand united alongside all of their state and female colleagues.”
The players are becoming increasingly frustrated by the whole saga with an Australia A tour to South Africa already being cancelled because of the dispute while a proposed Test tour to Bangladesh in September is also now in doubt.
Warner and fast bowler Pat Cummins took to social media to vent their frustrations with how negotiations are unfolding, both saying they want to get back on the field to play the game.
In a twitter post, Warner said: “Not sure the players can do much more to solve the dispute. We’re really proud to offer up to an extra $30 million for grassroots #fairshare
Not sure the players can do much more to solve the dispute. We’re really proud to offer up to an extra $30million for grassroots #fairshare
— David Warner (@davidwarner31) July 24, 2017
While Cummins also tweeted: “Players are as frustrated as anyone else. We want to play. Offering even more to grassroots to get a deal!!! #fairshare