Fast bowler Mitchell Starc has been called up to Australia’s squad ahead of the third and final T20I against India that will be played in Sydney on Sunday.
Starc will replace fellow paceman Billy Stanlake, who injured his ankle while warming up before Friday’s second T20I in Melbourne that was abandoned due to rain.
The 28-year-old Starc has not played in the shortest format for Australia in more than two years, with his last T20I in national colours coming in September 2016.
The left-arm quick has a good record in T20Is for the Aussies though, boasting 30 wickets in 22 appearances at an average of a touch more than 18 and an economy-rate of 6.77.
Australia limited-overs captain Aaron Finch said: “(Starc has) got so much experience in the limited-overs games as well and we’ve seen how dominant he can be when he gets it right with the ball,” Finch said.
“We’ll have a look at the wicket this afternoon and discuss the side but coming straight off a Shield game with an eye on the first Test, his preparations will be really good.”
Australia take a 1-0 lead into the final T20I against India after beating the tourists by four runs (D/L method) in Brisbane before the rained off game at the MCG.
No domestic cricket can take place until at least August.
An expanded training group of up to 45 is due to be named on Friday.
The governing body still aims to stage a shortened domestic season.
Professional cricket is on hold until at least July 1.
The tournament is scheduled to start on October 18 until November 15 in Australia.
Hales lost his squad berth in last year’s World Cup triumph after news broke that he had failed a second test for recreational drugs.
Brown’s 489 first-class appearances for Gloucestershire put him seventh on the club’s all-time list.