England newbie signs fresh Warwickshire deal – ‘happy to be a Bear’
The man who looks set to be the latest poor sod charged with attempting to open the batting in Test cricket for England, Dom Sibley, has signed a new contract with Warwickshire.
The 24-year-old opener was called into England’s squad for their winter series in New Zealand after a Specsavers County Championship campaign that saw him lead the Division One run charts with 1,324 at an average of 69.68.
Sibley, who joined the Bears from Surrey in 2017, said: “It’s been a good first few years at Edgbaston in many ways and I’m really happy to be extending my commitment as a Bear.
“It’s an exciting time for the club and, with so many young exciting players in the squad, we’re going to keep improving and hopefully success and trophies are just around the corner.”
Warwickshire sport director Paul Farbrace added: “Dom has had a fantastic year and we’re delighted that he has reinforced his long-term commitment to our plan to build another team that can consistently challenge for silverware.
“He’s been the standout batsman in the 2019 County Championship and has proven that he doesn’t just have the ability to score hundreds but dominating hundreds, with double centuries recorded earlier this year versus Kent and Nottinghamshire.”
West Indies to blood young stars on white ball tour of Pakistan
Allrounder Odean Smith is among the uncapped players in the squad.
ECB chief Tom Harrison: Cricket must look at alcohol culture
The ECB released details of the game-wide action plan to tackle racism and discrimination in the sport on Friday.
ECB unveils action plan to tackle discrimination, what is next for cricket?
The game-wide response to racism was finally published on Friday after two delays this week.
The Netherlands set to abandon South Africa tour after washed out ODI
The Netherlands will be cutting their tour short having played just one abandoned match.
Mushfiqur Rahim and Liton Das keep Bangladesh in fight against Pakistan
Bangladesh fought back thanks to Liton Das and Mushfiqur.
English cricket boss says ‘earthquake’ has hit the game after racism revelations
The ECB published a 12-point, game-wide action plan on Friday to tackle racism and all forms of discrimination in the game.
Southee powers Black Caps fightback, Latham and Young hold out
Tom Latham also made three successful DRS reviews.
Mark Wood wants to grab Ashes opportunity with both hands
The fast bowler has only appeared in one previous Ashes series back in 2015.
English cricket bosses to unveil delayed action plan on racism following claims
The document to tackle racism in the sport was initially set to be published on Wednesday.
Pat Cummins unveiled as new Australia captain as Tim Paine takes leave of absence
Steve Smith will serve as Cummins’s deputy in the Test side.