GALLERY: England hero Mark Wood holding things
Mark Wood is the new star of English cricket after his incredible performance in the third Test against West Indies in St Lucia.
But while everyone – apart from West Indies’ batsmen haha! – enjoyed the sight of him sending down 95mph rockets, there’s no doubt the highlight of the game came after its conclusion when Wood was handed a novelty oversized Sandals holiday voucher for his man-of-the-match performance. He was rightly reluctant to let go of his prize, to the delight of his team-mates.
Yet believe it or not this isn’t the first time Mark Wood has held something in his fast-bowling hands. Here’s a rundown of other times Mark Wood has held things.
1. Mark Wood holding his troublesome left ankle
2. Mark Wood holding the Ashes urn (or at the very least a replica of the Ashes urn)
3. Mark Wood holding the pose
4. Mark Wood holding this thing
5. Mark Wood holding a bottle of water
6. Mark Wood, Holding
7. Mark Wood holding himself in a state of catlike readiness
8. Mark Wood holding a towel
9. Mark Wood holding his bat aloft after making an actual 50 in an actual Test match
10. Mark Wood holding Jonny Bairstow’s hand
11. Mark Wood holding his own face
12. Mark Wood holding Chris Woakes on a lead
13. Mark Wood holding a big green ball
14. Mark Wood holding a small red ball
15. Mark Wood holding a big camera
National selector Ed Smith to leave England and Wales Cricket Board
The role is being abolished.
England all-rounder Liam Livingstone flies home from IPL over ‘bubble fatigue’
The 27-year-old has yet to feature for the Rajasthan Royals during the current tournament.
England hopeful Ollie Robinson stars as Sussex defeat Glamorgan by eight wickets
The visitors passed their target of 154 to win thanks to unbeaten half-centuries from Aaron Thomason and Tom Clark.
Ollie Pope hits 245 as Surrey take upper-hand over Leicestershire on day three
England batsmen Ollie Pope and Joe Root hit red-ball centuries for their county.
Mohammad Abbas hat-trick puts Hampshire in command against Middlesex
Lancashire’s Matt Parkinson produced a ball of the century contender against Northamptonshire.
Shubman Gill and Mohammed Siraj earn first BCCI contracts
Kuldeep Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal, have suffered contract demotions.
Dom Sibley injury adds to England’s worries with Ben Stokes facing 12 weeks out
Stokes was injured playing in the IPL while Sibley was in County Championship action with Warwickshire.
Can England cope without talisman Ben Stokes against New Zealand this summer?
All-rounder Stokes faces up to 12 weeks out with a fractured finger.
Ben Stokes ruled out for up to three months with broken finger
The England all-rounder will have surgery on the injury picked up playing in the Indian Premier League.