Caribbean Premier League quiz
Prepare for the second edition of the Caribbean Premier League with a dozen quickfire questions.
Prepare for the second edition of the Caribbean Premier League with a dozen quickfire questions…
1. Who won the inaugural edition of the Caribbean Premier League last year?
a) Jamaica Tallawahs<br>b) Barbados Tridents<br>c) Guyana Amazon Warriors
2. Who were beaten in the 2013 final?
a) Antigua Hawksbills<br>b) Trinidad & Tobago Red Steel<br>c) Guyana Amazon Warriors
3. Who scored the most runs last year?
a) Andre Fletcher<br>b) Chris Gayle<br>c) Shoaib Malik
4. Who took the most wickets?
a) Shakib Al Hasan<br>b) Marlon Samuels<br>c) Krishmar Santokie
5. Who will contest this year's tournament opener?
a) Guyana Amazon Warriors v Antigua Hawksbills<br>b) Guyana Amazon Warriors v Barbados Tridents<br>c) Barbados Tridents v Jamaica Tallawahs
6. The Guyana Amazon Warriors recently signed which New Zealand star?
a) Luke Ronchi<br>b) Jimmy Neesham<br>c) Daniel Vettori
7. Who has withdrawn from the Antigua Hawksbills' campaign due to personal reasons?
a) Carlos Brathwaite<br>b) Sheldon Cottrell<br>c) Kieran Powell
8. Who will captain the St Lucia Zouks?
a) Darren Sammy<br>b) Sunil Narine<br>c) Dwayne Bravo
9. The St Lucia Zouks have secured the services of which former England batsman?
a) Andrew Flintoff<br>b) Kevin Pietersen<br>c) Paul Collingwood
10. The initial players draft for the 2013 edition of the CPL included how many players?
a) 90<br>b) 111<br>c) 228
11. How many of those were overseas players?
a) 50<br>b) 65<br>c) 121
12. The Jamaica Tallawahs will be coached by which former Australian coach?
a) Mickey Arthur<br>b) Tim Nielsen<br>c) John Buchanan
Check the <a href='http://www.cricket365.com/west-indies/story/9378737/Caribbean-Premier-League-quiz-answers' class='instorylink'><b>correct answers here</b></a>.
Keaton Jennings century puts Lancashire on top in Roses clash
Jennings scored 132 off 253 balls with 15 fours and a six, following his 114 in May’s victory at Emirates Old Trafford.
Captain Heather Knight frustrated by England Women collapse
England collapsed from 106 for two to 140 for eight.
India Women keep series alive with narrow T20 victory at Hove
The series will be decided at Chelmsford on Wednesday.
Worth his Salt: In a roundabout way, Phil’s keen to take his chance
The Welsh-born batsman has also called Barbados and Brighton home.
Eoin Morgan hails ‘incredible’ makeshift England side after Pakistan series win
Morgan and his entire original squad had to be replaced at short notice after a number of positive Covid tests.
Impressive England see off Pakistan at packed Lord’s to clinch ODI series
A second-string England side claimed a 52-run win in front of almost 23,000 fans.
Nottinghamshire and Kent march on with big Blast wins
Worcestershire, Lancashire and Sussex also gained ground with valuable victories.
Nat Sciver hails ‘important’ win as England claim unassailable lead over India
England moved 8-4 ahead in their multi-format series against India with victory in the opening T20 international.
England claim victory in rain-affected T20 opener against India
Nat Sciver and Amy Jones put on a crucial 78-run stand in the win.
Lewis Gregory hails county cricket’s role in nurturing England’s stand-in stars
Hosts had to put a team together at short notice.