Caribbean Premier League quiz
Prepare for the second edition of the Caribbean Premier League with a dozen quickfire questions.
Prepare for the second edition of the Caribbean Premier League with a dozen quickfire questions…
1. Who won the inaugural edition of the Caribbean Premier League last year?
a) Jamaica Tallawahs<br>b) Barbados Tridents<br>c) Guyana Amazon Warriors
2. Who were beaten in the 2013 final?
a) Antigua Hawksbills<br>b) Trinidad & Tobago Red Steel<br>c) Guyana Amazon Warriors
3. Who scored the most runs last year?
a) Andre Fletcher<br>b) Chris Gayle<br>c) Shoaib Malik
4. Who took the most wickets?
a) Shakib Al Hasan<br>b) Marlon Samuels<br>c) Krishmar Santokie
5. Who will contest this year's tournament opener?
a) Guyana Amazon Warriors v Antigua Hawksbills<br>b) Guyana Amazon Warriors v Barbados Tridents<br>c) Barbados Tridents v Jamaica Tallawahs
6. The Guyana Amazon Warriors recently signed which New Zealand star?
a) Luke Ronchi<br>b) Jimmy Neesham<br>c) Daniel Vettori
7. Who has withdrawn from the Antigua Hawksbills' campaign due to personal reasons?
a) Carlos Brathwaite<br>b) Sheldon Cottrell<br>c) Kieran Powell
8. Who will captain the St Lucia Zouks?
a) Darren Sammy<br>b) Sunil Narine<br>c) Dwayne Bravo
9. The St Lucia Zouks have secured the services of which former England batsman?
a) Andrew Flintoff<br>b) Kevin Pietersen<br>c) Paul Collingwood
10. The initial players draft for the 2013 edition of the CPL included how many players?
a) 90<br>b) 111<br>c) 228
11. How many of those were overseas players?
a) 50<br>b) 65<br>c) 121
12. The Jamaica Tallawahs will be coached by which former Australian coach?
a) Mickey Arthur<br>b) Tim Nielsen<br>c) John Buchanan
Check the <a href='http://www.cricket365.com/west-indies/story/9378737/Caribbean-Premier-League-quiz-answers' class='instorylink'><b>correct answers here</b></a>.
Darren Stevens ‘looking forward to the ‘next chapter’ as his Kent innings ends
The all-rounder will leave Kent after 17 years at the end of the season.
Darren Stevens announces his retirement at the age of 46
The all-rounder’s 17-year stint at Kent will end later this year.
Hundred history-maker Will Smeed: ‘I very much still want to play everything’
The rising star of the white-ball game could be on England’s radar.
Lauren Winfield-Hill stars as Oval Invincibles begin title defence with big win
The home side defeated the Northern Superchargers by nine wickets.
Sam Curran the main man as Oval Invincibles beat Northern Superchargers
Curran scored 60 in his side’s three-wicket win at the Kia Oval.
England opener Alex Lees keen to see aggressive approach adopted in county game
The Durham batter has used the break in Test cricket to spread the word.
‘It was awesome’ – Will Smeed ends his 90s curse to hit Hundred’s first century
The youngster had fallen short of a maiden century on multiple occasions during the first half of 2022.
Will Smeed becomes first batter to hit ton in Hundred during Birmingham win
The opener cracked an unbeaten 101 off 50 balls.
Women’s game on upward trend and schools an important target – Anya Shrubsole
The 30-year-old pace bowler was restricted to competing against boys during childhood.