The illustrated commentary of Jack Leach’s trip to Specsavers
They weren’t kidding, Specsavers really have sorted Jack Leach out with some new eyewear, and the photos are a joy.
We can confirm we will offer Jack Leach free glasses for life https://t.co/7rfPBK77GS
— Specsavers UK (@Specsavers) August 25, 2019
1. Jack Leach brings bat to Specsavers, as you do. I hear Jofra took a ball to the dentist last week.
2. Jack Leach – the consummate all-rounder – proves he can tuck his bat under his arm in the store as well as just outside it. Replicating his bat-arm-tuck in perhaps the most famous Ashes single of all time.
3. Specsavers employee uses ghosthunting app – revealing the spirits that haunt Jack Leach – only seen through the lens of an iPad… Is that Steve Smith?
4. Jack Leach smiles at – but presumably cannot see – an optometrist, who hands him a piece of paper telling him his eyes are still f****d, which he will be unable to read.
5. Jack Leach expresses concern as he doubts whether his new glasses will fit under his helmet.
6. Jack Leach is unimpressed as the optometrist attempts to ease concerns over size of spectacles using dial-up internet on Windows 95.
7. Jack Leach regrets photo opportunity and lets camera operator know the shoot is over by looking into their soul.
Next week, Jos Buttler takes his wicket-keeping gloves to his first colonoscopy…
What next for England’s limited-overs teams after Bangladesh series ends?
There is not due to be another white-ball game for Matthew Mott’s side until September.
Indian Premier League
Matthew Mott will have a keen eye on England’s Indian Premier League contingent
The competition offers players a fantastic chance to make an irresistible case for World Cup selection.
It suits my game – Harry Brook at home in England’s Test side
It has been a whirlwind 13 months for the 24-year-old Yorkshireman.
England to face Australia in front of record crowd at Edgbaston in Women’s Ashes
Almost 15,500 tickets have been sold for the T20 clash on July 1.
Rehan Ahmed calls making England debuts in all three formats ‘dream come true’
Ahmed has been tipped for greatness ever since claiming the wickets of Sir Alastair Cook and Ben Stokes in a Lord’s net just before his 12th birthday.
On this day in 2018 – Kevin Pietersen announces retirement from cricket
The prolific batter scored 23 hundreds for England in 104 Tests.
Mehidy Hasan Miraz takes four for 12 as England set Bangladesh 118 to win
England, who registered just 10 fours and two sixes on a turning pitch, lost their final three wickets in the last over with two run outs.
England lose T20 series against Bangladesh after Mehidy Hasan Miraz stars
The Tigers moved 2-0 ahead with one match to play.
Jos Buttler happy with batters at England’s disposal despite Bangladesh defeat
England decided against summoning replacements for injured duo Tom Abell and Will Jacks ahead of these three matches.
India confirmed as Australia’s opponents for World Test Championship final
The final will run from June 7-11.