The illustrated commentary of Jack Leach’s trip to Specsavers
They weren’t kidding, Specsavers really have sorted Jack Leach out with some new eyewear, and the photos are a joy.
We can confirm we will offer Jack Leach free glasses for life https://t.co/7rfPBK77GS
— Specsavers UK (@Specsavers) August 25, 2019
1. Jack Leach brings bat to Specsavers, as you do. I hear Jofra took a ball to the dentist last week.
2. Jack Leach – the consummate all-rounder – proves he can tuck his bat under his arm in the store as well as just outside it. Replicating his bat-arm-tuck in perhaps the most famous Ashes single of all time.
3. Specsavers employee uses ghosthunting app – revealing the spirits that haunt Jack Leach – only seen through the lens of an iPad… Is that Steve Smith?
4. Jack Leach smiles at – but presumably cannot see – an optometrist, who hands him a piece of paper telling him his eyes are still f****d, which he will be unable to read.
5. Jack Leach expresses concern as he doubts whether his new glasses will fit under his helmet.
6. Jack Leach is unimpressed as the optometrist attempts to ease concerns over size of spectacles using dial-up internet on Windows 95.
7. Jack Leach regrets photo opportunity and lets camera operator know the shoot is over by looking into their soul.
Next week, Jos Buttler takes his wicket-keeping gloves to his first colonoscopy…
ECB boss admits challenges remain for cricket after positive impact report
The ECB’s Impact of Cricket Report published on Tuesday, shows playing the sport helps people support their mental wellbeing.
Indian Premier League
Archer, Brook and Rashid join list of England players who will not play in IPL
Archer has been released by Mumbai Indians, while Brook and Rashid have been released by Sunrisers Hyderabad.
Joe Root joins England captain Ben Stokes in skipping next Indian Premier League
Root played three times for Rajasthan Royals in the 2023 IPL.
ICC transgender ban ‘a blunt instrument’ which sends ‘very negative message’
Trans players who have been through male puberty will not be able to play international women’s cricket.
PCA calls for action over ‘unsustainable’ men’s domestic cricket schedule
The majority of the Vitality Blast group-stage fixtures will take place across Thursday to Sunday slots.
Indian Premier League
Ben Stokes pulls out of 2024 Indian Premier League
Ben Stokes only played twice at the 2023 edition after he struggled with his fitness.
ECB releases county cricket schedule for packed 2024 summer
The ECB has looked to try to limit the impact of another packed fixture list for counties across all competitions.
Transgender athletes banned from playing international women’s cricket by ICC
Earlier this year, Canada’s Danielle McGahey become the first transgender cricketer to take part in an official international match.